KEY STAGE 1:
HEIGHT AND LENGTH:
1. a) Draw a line from “small” to the second monster, from “smaller” to the first one, from “smallest” to the third one. b) draw a line from “tall” to the second monster, from “taller” to the third one, from “tallest” to the first one. c) draw a line from “long” to the first monster, “longer” to the third one, from “longest” to the second one.
2. Answers will depend on child’s choice of toys.
ESTIMATING AND MEASUREMENTS:
1. Answers will depend on the height of chosen people.
2. Lorry 23cm, trumpet 30cm, pencil 18cm, whistle 5cm.
KEY STAGE 2:
HEART AND BLOOD:
1. Heart, blood and blood vessels,
2. It pumps blood around the body,
3. Any two from: nutrients, oxygen, waste substances.
4. Any answer above 150 beats per minute.
SKELETONS AND MUSCLES:
1. The structure of bones in a body.
2. Support, movement and protection,
3. Any named five animals from these groups: mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles.
4. To bend your elbow upwards, your bicep contracts. It pulls up the bone it is joined to at the bottom of your arm. At the same time, the other muscle underneath your arm is relaxed.
KEY STAGE 3:
HEREDITY & GENETIC DIVERSITY:
1. Asexual reproduction.
2. Two different sperm fertilise two different ova, which grow into two genetically different babies.
3. Without it, organisms cannot adapt to changing conditions or disease and so are more likely to become extinct.
FROM DNA TO CELLS:
1. A section of DNA that is responsible for producing a characteristic.
2. It has a double helix shape and is made from the base pairs A-T, T-A, C-G and G-C.
3. Her X-ray images were crucial in Watson and Crick’s discovery but she died before she could receive the Nobel Prize.