KENTWOOD — Woodland Mall is hosting an event showcasing black-owned businesses this weekend.
It will photography, jewelry, cosmetics, home services and more.
Benjamin Robinson, owner of Robinson Popcorn is one of many part of the sold-out showcase.
“This has been a difficult year, with the pandemic, racial unrest, businesses closing and job losses. Many businesses are barely hanging on,” he said. “This event will truly showcase Black-owned businesses in our community, and we appreciate Woodland Mall for giving us such a large and prominent platform to host this event.”
Woodland Mall is asking patrons to wear face masks and follow social distancing guidelines during the event.
“This is not a day just to celebrate us, but to celebrate all Black-owned businesses in our community,” Robinson said. “Many in our community came out to march and affirm Black Lives Matter. It’s also important to be there to rebuild, unify and achieve the vision of equality on Main Street as well as Wall Street. Please show your support this weekend.”
Benjamin spoke to FOX 17 on Tuesday ahead of the event.
Here’s a list of businesses participating.
· Handcrafted resin jewelry from Love Collections, LLC [instagram.com]
· Custom cakes and treats from Likable Delights by Malika, LLC
· Cosmetics and makeup tools from Bodacious Beauty Cosmetics [facebook.com]
· Kitchenware, stationery, cards and gifts from Shades of Shamar [facebook.com]
· Health and wellness products from Tava Lifestyle [instagram.com]
· Fashion eyewear from JOSO Designers, LLC [josodesigners.com]
· Financial planning from Divine Changers Financial Education Service
· Custom shoe design and cleaning from Kwan Tsu Kicks, LLC
· Faith-based apparel from Style and Grace, LLC [facebook.com]
· In-home delivery and assembly from Wades Services, LLC
· Specialty cleaning services from Key to Your Needs [facebook.com]
· Licensed aesthetician from A’de Spa LLC
For a full list, visit www.shopwoodlandmall.com/calendar. Mall officials say if your business is interested in joining a show case you can also register to join the wait-list.
The showcase is being held October 23 and October 24.